Trade, Investment and Industrial Development
Welcome to Nandi County that is located in the former Rift valley Province with its headquarters as Kapsabet.The County Government of Nandi is composed of six Sub-Counties namely: Tinderet, Aldai, Nandi Hills,Emgwen Chesumei and Mosop. The County has a population of approximately 752,965.
- Youth, Gender, Sports and Social Services
- Agriculture,Livestock & Fisheries
- Tourism,Culture & Cooperative Development
- Education,Research & Vocational Training
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Lands,Enviroment & Natural Resources
- Health & Sanitation
- Devolved Units & Special Programmes
- Finance,Economic Planning & ICT
- Trade, Investment and Industrial Development
Value addition is the way to go
Fees and chargesfor various services in Nandi County will not be altered but rather, the County is widening its revenue base. Value addition of farm produce calls for establishment of industries which provide massive job opportunities for the youth and women.Milk processing,maize milling, coffee processing, and the more established tea processing plants remain high in the County’s industrial priorities.
We are also re-looking at the chamber of commerce with the aim of making this organ a vehicle for mobilising both local and international investors. Additionally, the County will improve and automate trading licence acquisition processes so as to make this undertaking a click away. This will sufficiently position Nandi County as a viable investment destination.