Lands,Enviroment & Natural Resources
Welcome to Nandi County that is located in the former Rift valley Province with its headquarters as Kapsabet.The County Government of Nandi is composed of six Sub-Counties namely: Tinderet, Aldai, Nandi Hills,Emgwen Chesumei and Mosop. The County has a population of approximately 752,965.
- Youth, Gender, Sports and Social Services
- Agriculture,Livestock & Fisheries
- Tourism,Culture & Cooperative Development
- Education,Research & Vocational Training
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Lands,Enviroment & Natural Resources
- Health & Sanitation
- Devolved Units & Special Programmes
- Finance,Economic Planning & ICT
- Trade, Investment and Industrial Development
Better environment, better tomorrow
Issuance of title deeds for registered parcels of land is in the final stages and when this is done, property values in the county will appreciate. On solid waste management, the county intends to purchase two garbage compactors, 10 solid waste skips, additional tractors and lorries for proper waste management in urban centres. A new disposal site has been identified and is awaiting endorsement by the County Assembly.
We are in the process of modernizing the water supply and sanitation system for Kapsabet and its environs. The sewerage system in town will be upgraded and treatment plant reinforced to treat affluent effectively. Access to clean water is being focused on with the expected launch of 77 water projects spread across the County soon in bid to transform the county socially and economically.