Education,Research & Vocational Training
Welcome to Nandi County that is located in the former Rift valley Province with its headquarters as Kapsabet.The County Government of Nandi is composed of six Sub-Counties namely: Tinderet, Aldai, Nandi Hills,Emgwen Chesumei and Mosop. The County has a population of approximately 752,965.
- Youth, Gender, Sports and Social Services
- Agriculture,Livestock & Fisheries
- Tourism,Culture & Cooperative Development
- Education,Research & Vocational Training
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Lands,Enviroment & Natural Resources
- Health & Sanitation
- Devolved Units & Special Programmes
- Finance,Economic Planning & ICT
- Trade, Investment and Industrial Development
The key to a meaningful livelihood
The department disbursed Kshs. 15 million as bursaries to bright but needy students in secondary schools, middle level colleges and universities. The pre primary and ECDE Bill 2014 currently before the County Assembly will establish a County Education Fund.
The County has 14 youth polytechnics but the department intends to put up more to ensure that all students who do not qualify for higher education are given gainful life-skills so as to be productive. They will be renamed County Polytechnics and they will be fully equipped.