Welcome to Nandi County that is located in the former Rift valley Province with its headquarters as Kapsabet.The County Government of Nandi is composed of six Sub-Counties namely: Tinderet, Aldai, Nandi Hills,Emgwen Chesumei and Mosop. The County has a population of approximately 752,965.
- Youth, Gender, Sports and Social Services
- Agriculture,Livestock & Fisheries
- Tourism,Culture & Cooperative Development
- Education,Research & Vocational Training
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Lands,Enviroment & Natural Resources
- Health & Sanitation
- Devolved Units & Special Programmes
- Finance,Economic Planning & ICT
- Trade, Investment and Industrial Development
Dr. Cleophas Kiprop Lagat, Governor, Nandi County
H.E. Dr. Cleophas Kiprop Lagat is a seasoned scholar, administrator and politician rolled into one. He has Ph.D. In Engineering Systems and management from Egerton University. Also Dr. Lagat has a Masters and Bachelors Degrees from Moi University. Registered with the Kenya Engineers board.
He is a classic example of a progressive, proactive and pro-people leader with keen interest in education, youth and women empowerment. In his teaching career spanning close to three decades he has stayed the course focusing to leave his places of work better than he found it. While at Eldoret Polytechnic, he was recognised as a ‘Friend of Europe’ owing to his exemplary and commendable way of managing donor funds particularly resources from European Union.
Dr. Lagat’s career growth has been attributed to his commitment and dedication to exhibit consultative and participatory leadership. This is a feat he accomplished with ease by handling others with sobriety and with humanity.
He is married to Florence and together they have been blessed with four children; two boys and two girls. He is a Christian with high moral standing.
Upon his declaration as Nandi County Governor he summarily said ‘This is a call to serve’ and indeed he is serving.
Additionally, Dr. Lagat is the Chairman of Education and ICT committee of the Council of Governors (CoG) an achievement attributed to his career as a teacher, administrator and scholar. His determination, clarity of thought, hard work, honest, humility and focus are the drivers of his will to lead.
- Council members of KNEC
- Vice chairperson Kenya association of technical training institutes
- Chairperson KETISA
- Chief principal for 12 years Eldoret Polytechnic
- First Governor Nandi County
- Members of Commonwealth association of polytechnics in Africa
- Chairperson Education and ICT council of governors
- Chairperson Board of Management Kurgung Boys
- Patron Jobs outreach, Ndalat
- Patron of St. Dorcas Koiban Special school